Evolution is great for the tasklist and I use it for managing my daily tasks.
However due to inconvenient task tracking method, I can use it for only keeping
tasks and not use effectively for tracking each task.
For example if I want to create task and track it properly then I have to do
1. Click New->Assigned Task(yes I always assign task to me)
2. Enter summary
3. Set start & due dates
4. Add description(generally I don't have to but sometimes necessary)
5. Now I need to add this task as started as well as give it a priority so I go
to Options->Status Details
6. Then I set status “In progress” & set % completed.
7. Then set priority.
[OPTIONAL BUT USEFUL SOMETIMES]
8. Set web page.
Tedious, isn't it?
Now I need to track this newly added task. Suppose this a week long task and
everyday there's some progress as well as some updates(which I would like to
add in description). Now in this case, I need to repeat following steps:
1. Double click to open task.
2. Repeat steps 5 to 8 from above.
I think task window is not so big and there's room to add all tracking details
on same window instead of adding new window for that purpose, making it more
convenient and user friendly.
I'll attach a mockup.